Tuesday, November 8, 2011

October 17, 2011

Second Week
Dear Family,
Happy Birthday Mom and Kevin I hope that they were good for both of you. It sounds like moms was fun. Im jealous that you guys get to go hunting that sounds like a lot of fun. And just to let you know mom I try not to email melissa back because I am supposed to write her letters so she would like to get the emails and im sure that her mom would too. So this week we had our first baptism it was really cool. He was someone that my companion and his old companion found but I got to ask him to be baptized the first day and he said yes so we did it this last saturday. O ya my hands are fine they are only dry because i forget to put lotion on. I think that the language is starting to get to me though because I con only uinderstand about half of the things being said in the lesson so it is hard to connect things. And my companion made me promise not to speak english today to the other americans so that I can learn more spanish and that is really hard. I feel like I have not learned anything the last few weeks and am maybe getting worse. I am just waiting for the day that everyone says that you wake up and know spanish but I know that will not happen for a few months so for now I am just trying to keep my head above water. I have to wear my glasses now for about a week because I got an eye infection Sister Turk said that she might put the picture of my eye on the mission blog so maybe you can see it if you can find it. I dont know where it is but other people have found it so it cannot be to hard. But to get it fixed we had to go the the clinic and wait fot 3 hours before I even saw the doctor it was kinda boring but I got to be with a zone leader and see what it will be like when I know spanish and he gave me some ideas to learn spanish. Im trying to think about what else happened... we got to be in a talent show that was fun and weird to watch what the other people did. It was mostly just a bunch of weird sketches. This week i am thinking about buying a recorder so I can just talk into it and then email mail messages instead of writing emails so I can say everything I want to. So if you could check my account mom I would really appreciate it. So this week had a lot of ups and downs and I had a big downer of an experience this morning so sorry if this email seems gloomy. I am doing well and I know that you guys are praying for me and I thank you for your prayers. I pray for you guys too and wish you luck hunting. I love you all.
Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment